Through the decades
* 1892 A professional – thought to be James McKenna, laid out original Ballybunion Course
* 1893 Ballybunion Golf Club committee meet for first time and First Clubhouse opened
* 1897 P. McCarthy, General Manager of the Listowel – Ballybunion Lartigue Railway line, became secretary of Golf Club.
* 1911 Tom Allen appointed Club Steward. He held the post for 56 years
* 1924 Lartigue railway line ceases operation.
* 1927 Course restored to original 18 holes. Work undertaken by Messrs. Carter & Sons, Raynes Park, London.
* 1931 First ‘professional’ appointed – Maurice (Moses) O’Neill
* 1936 Course extended under supervision of Tom Simpson, assisted by Molly Gourlay.
* 1951 Second Clubhouse Opened
* 1960 The late Sean Walsh appointed Hon. Secretary and served also as Secretary Manager until 1992.
* 1971 Third Clubhouse opened.
* 1977 Ballybunion launch ‘Save Ballybunion Golf Links Fund’ to combat costal erosion.
* 1981 Tom Watson visits course for first time
* 1984 Cashen Course designed by Robert Trent Jones opens
* 1989 ‘Golden Bear’ Jack Nicklaus plays Ballybunion
* 1995 Design changes overseen by Tom Watson.
* 1998 US President Bill Clinton visits course
* 2000 Tom Watson appointed Millennium Captain.
* 2000 Murphy’s Irish Open played at Ballybunion
* 2004 Palmer Cup between European and US Universities